[racket] Formal Presentation and initial doubts.

From: Neil Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Sat Mar 22 07:50:08 EDT 2014

Konrad Hinsen wrote at 03/22/2014 07:15 AM:
> --On 22 mars 2014 04:18:03 -0400 Neil Van Dyke <neil at neilvandyke.org>
> wrote:
>> One tip for writing macros: make your transformer pattern variables be
>> all-uppercase.  This convention makes reading and writing macros much
>> easier for humans, and also less confusing to learn (because people
>> seeing examples are less confused over what is a pattern variable and
>> what is a normal Racket variable).
>
> That sounds like very useful advice, but does anyone follow it? I
> haven't seen this convention used in any Racket macros I looked at.

I been using it for maybe 3 years, and consider it a very useful convention.

http://lists.racket-lang.org/users/archive/2012-March/050899.html
http://lists.racket-lang.org/users/archive/2011-September/048044.html
http://lists.racket-lang.org/dev/archive/2011-June/006824.html

One thing I've learned from consulting: people are more likely to take
your advice when they're paying you for it. :)

Neil V.

Posted on the users mailing list.