[racket-dev] Racket startup

From: Neil Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Tue Jun 28 10:06:50 EDT 2011

Eli Barzilay wrote at 06/28/2011 09:52 AM:
> This makes `MAIN' the Racket equivalent of Python's `__main__' thing.

As for the name, if you could promise me that this name isn't a slippery
slope to a proliferation of all-uppercase variable names...  (By
convention, I use all-uppercase for pattern variables in macro
transformers, and that is the best use of them I've found so far.)

As for adding Python/Ruby/Perl-esque automagical behavior and hacks, I
trust that people will do so with judicious hesitation.  Sometimes a
hack is the most sensible way, but Racket is mostly not Hacket.

--
http://www.neilvandyke.org/