[racket] racket project idea: viable html5 web browser

From: Neil Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Mon Feb 3 20:48:22 EST 2014

Roman Klochkov wrote at 02/03/2014 07:53 PM:
> I'm interested.
> But I'm very duobt, that it is possible in only 6 months. Video is
> quite easy with extarnal dll's, but fully standard-compatible JS and
> CSS (we even dont' have full XML library with XPath, XSLT, DOM!)

I agree, I don't think it's possible in only 6 months.  There would be a
large amount of work before you could get to the point that you could
say convincingly that there was only 6 calendar months left to go.

I excluded sound and video because doing it in a secure and reliable way
is harder in some ways, and a much lower priority, so I would defer it
til later.  Existing DLLs are not necessarily the only viable way to get
sound and video, nor necessarily the best way, but that's a question to
come back to after everything else is working.  (There's also some
transitioning and maturing in progress wrt Web video codecs in practice
right now.)

Neil V.

Posted on the users mailing list.