[racket] Help with sockets.

From: Alejandro Zamora Fonseca (terefv at ltu.sld.cu)
Date: Wed Apr 30 09:08:12 EDT 2014

Well I want to write a game for programmers that listen input for programs written in any language, I'm still in the "general" modeling phase, but I think the I/O would be based in XML and/or JSON.

So, thanks for the advices.

Best regards
Alejandro

Good, glad to hear it works.

If you can avoid dealing with raw sockets and use a standard protocol
for communication, that might allow you to write your network code at
a nicer level of abstraction.  What kind of network application are
you trying to write?

In retrospect, perhaps that should have been the first question on
this thread.  Sorry I didn't ask earlier.

For example, HTTP would be an example of a protocol whose language is
in terms of requests and responses, rather than socket sends,
receives, and flushes.

--

Este mensaje le ha llegado mediante el servicio de correo electronico que ofrece Infomed para respaldar el cumplimiento de las misiones del Sistema Nacional de Salud. La persona que envia este correo asume el compromiso de usar el servicio a tales fines y cumplir con las regulaciones establecidas

Infomed: http://www.sld.cu/