[racket] new S3 page "upload" link just creates blank package?

From: Jay McCarthy (jay.mccarthy at gmail.com)
Date: Fri Oct 18 18:27:17 EDT 2013

On Fri, Oct 18, 2013 at 4:10 PM, John Clements
<clements at brinckerhoff.org> wrote:

>> Fixed now. When you closed the window, it didn't update the URL to
>> load the search again
>
> These seem to work. Some suggestions, now:
>
> - To delete a package, it looks like you're supposed to click the trash icon next to the name. I think that this is a confusing interface design, and I would rather see a button separate from the name field labeled "delete package entry" (or whatever).

Okay

> - Clicking the 'x' in the UR corner still seems like a very counter-intuitive way to say "yes, I like my package, add it to the catalog." Perhaps there could just be another button that says "OK" at the bottom, that does the same thing?

That's not the case. Clicking the "upload" button creates the package
(as the name suggests, although perhaps "new package" would be a
better name) and then each edit modifies the package you already made.
You can stop at any time and the package is still  there. All the "x"
does is close the editing window. It doesn't communicate with the
catalog at all.

> - If I create a new entry, click on the pencil next to the name, type "abc", then click on the pencil next to the source, and type "def", then hit return, the name evaporates.  I claim that the name field should be preserved even if it loses focus. Or, that if it's going to disappear, it should do so immediately when it loses focus, and not when I click return in another box.

The model I had in mind was "click name" -> "edit it" -> "hit enter"
and then go on to the next thing. I guess I need to make it so "lose
focus" is equivalent to "hit enter" for people who want to use their
mouse like you and not save changes explicitly.

Jay

--
Jay McCarthy <jay at cs.byu.edu>
http://faculty.cs.byu.edu/~jay