[racket] What math do you want to do in Racket?

From: Neil Toronto (neil.toronto at gmail.com)
Date: Sat Jun 30 20:31:28 EDT 2012

Being a glutton for punishment, I've decided to write a `math'
collection to be shipped with Racket. I'm writing it in Typed Racket, so
Typed Racket programs that `(require math)' can apply mathematical
functions with no overhead and regular Racket programs will incur only
the usual contract checks. Also, Vincent's TR optimizer will fill the
math collection with rainbows and sunshine.

I know what *I* want in a math library: statistics (for my research) and
basic linear algebra (for `plot'). What do *you* want?

(FWIW, this started with Antonio asking for inverse hyperbolic functions
on the dev mailing list. I just did those today, and factorial,
log-factorial, gamma, and log-gamma yesterday.)

Neil ⊥

Posted on the users mailing list.