[racket] Is Scribble supposed to overwrite old image files during rendering?

From: Danny Yoo (dyoo at hashcollision.org)
Date: Fri Jul 6 18:45:13 EDT 2012

On Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 5:58 PM, Matthew Flatt <mflatt at cs.utah.edu> wrote:
> At Fri, 6 Jul 2012 17:28:20 -0400, Danny Yoo wrote:
>> We're using Scribble with the "--dest" output flag; when we apply
>> scribble individually on files that have images into the same
>> destination directory, the autogenerated image names can collide.  For
>> example, the names 'pict.png' and 'pict_2.png' can easily collide.
>>
>> Does anyone have suggested workarounds?
>
> Is supplying all of the files to `scribble' at once an workable option?

At the moment, not without some significant rework of the build system
we've got set up here.  I didn't want to spend too much time hacking
it, since we're in the middle of a deadline.  The workaround I've got
so far is to put each scribble file in separate subdirectories to
avoid the collisions.

Posted on the users mailing list.