[racket] Error installing whalesong

From: Danny Yoo (dyoo at cs.wpi.edu)
Date: Wed Jan 18 13:25:12 EST 2012

> I am thinking, write the code in rkt enjoying its syntax check, unit
> testing, etc. Use whalesong to provide runtime.js+lib.js for various
> clients that can use js. If not, serve it over HTTPS via PLT
> WebServer. (I am thinking I don't have to do another re-write like
> this for sometime.)
>
> Is it feasible to structure modules/files in such a way that I can
> accomplish this in the near future even though racket/base is not
> supported for one reason or another?

It should be possible to use the Racket functions from the JavaScript
side.  I have an example in the Whalesong documentation that uses the
venerable 'fact' function, written in Racket, from JavaScript:

     http://hashcollision.org/whalesong/#(part._.Using_.Whalesong_functions_from_.Java.Script)

If you create a single module whose only public exports are the
functions you want to access from JavaScript, you should be able to
then get at them.  The functions are exposed as asynchronous
JavaScript.

Let me know if the documentation there is clear enough.  Thanks!

Posted on the users mailing list.