[racket] Error installing whalesong

From: J G Cho (gcho at fundingmatters.com)
Date: Wed Jan 18 14:03:29 EST 2012

> Whalesong appears to be tickling a bug in Typed Racket under Racket
> 5.2.  I apologize for this; I should have caught this when Racket 5.2
> came out.  I'll try to be better at tracking with Racket's subsequent
> releases and make sure this doesn't happen again.
>
> I just released Whalesong 1.13 to let it work cleanly with the
> upcoming 5.2.1.  If you grab a pre-release Racket and try it with
> Whalesong 1.13, do you see a similar error?

Using DrRacket version 5.2.1.3--2012-01-17(50dba41/a):

It installs 1:13 package and responds to

$ ./whalesong
Usage: whalesong <subcommand> [option ...] <arg ...>
  where any unambiguous prefix can be used for a subcommand

The Whalesong command-line tool for compiling Racket to JavaScript

For help on a particular subcommand, use 'whalesong <subcommand> --help'
  whalesong version           Print the current version
  whalesong build             build a standalone html and javascript package
  whalesong get-runtime       print the runtime library to standard output
  whalesong get-javascript    Gets just the JavaScript code and prints
it to standard output

Have not tried out other examples yet.

Posted on the users mailing list.