[racket] (string? "c'est ne pas une string")

From: Vincent St-Amour (stamourv at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Mon Jan 24 13:49:18 EST 2011

At Mon, 24 Jan 2011 19:01:41 +0100,
Jos Koot wrote:
> In the guide I found the following example:
> (string? "c'est ne pas une string")
> Clearly after  <http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ren%C3%A9_Magritte> René
> Magritte.
> But I don't think this is correct french.
> Of course the previous sentence is not, for it is English, I hope.
> I would write:
> (string? "Ceci n'est pas une corde") ; where the word 'corde' is French for
> the word 'string'.

'corde' would be 'rope'. 'ficelle' would be 'string'. Although in that
context, 'chaîne de caractères' ('chain of characters') would be the
right term. However, the joke would be kind of hard to understand.

How about "Ceci n'est pas une string."? That's closer to correct
grammar, and the joke is still easy to understand.

Vincent

Posted on the users mailing list.