[racket] Adding raw string syntax

From: Matthias Felleisen (matthias at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Sun Aug 14 17:16:58 EDT 2011

On Aug 14, 2011, at 12:05 PM, Joan Arnaldich wrote:

> If the tutorials section in the article section is to stay, then I'll
> add this one here, which I think is far more interesting than
> mine:
>
> http://matt.might.net/articles/implementing-a-programming-language/

But Matt's page is just a discussion of interpreters.
That's a rather different notion of implementing a
language. You could do so in asm, no real tools needed.

> Speaking of the article, after Asumu's mail I started to contribute a
> little bit. I was planning to focus on the practical side of Racket,
> so I added a brief section on this. I would like to add a link at the end of
> the section pointing at a new wikipedia page with examples on how
> Racket can be used in different application domains, and to show some
> of the different languages / paradigms available (a bit like the
> Haskell page does in the features section)... the problem is that it
> is hard to come up with better examples than the ones already at
> racket-lang.org, so could I use some of those (always with the
> reference)?. I think more wikipedia readers will get to see the
> examples if they're in a regular wikipedia page rather than having to
> click to an external link and then browse back and forth and click on
> the question mark for an explanation.

A very good idea. When I made screen savers for my Mac from
them, I placed them on the web here (by accident):

http://www.ccs.neu.edu/home/matthias/Presentations/10ICFP/Background/

Posted on the users mailing list.