[racket] Adding raw string syntax

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Sun Aug 14 18:02:11 EDT 2011

5 hours ago, Joan Arnaldich wrote:

> Done. I added a section at the end on the @form syntax, and a note
> at the beggining so that people can skip the whole article if they
> just want to get the functionality.

Thanks!

Matthias Felleisen wrote:

> But Matt's page is just a discussion of interpreters.
> That's a rather different notion of implementing a
> language. You could do so in asm, no real tools needed.

Yeah -- when building an interpreter Racket does have its advantages,
but at that level it's pretty close to many other functional
languages.  In any case, it looks like someone else saw that and
removed the entry.

> Speaking of the article, after Asumu's mail I started to contribute
> a little bit.  I was planning to focus on the practical side of
> Racket, so I added a brief section on this. I would like to add a
> link at the end of the section pointing at a new wikipedia page with
> examples on how Racket can be used in different application domains,
> and to show some of the different languages / paradigms available (a
> bit like the Haskell page does in the features section)... the
> problem is that it is hard to come up with better examples than the
> ones already at racket-lang.org, so could I use some of those
> (always with the reference)?.  I think more wikipedia readers will
> get to see the examples if they're in a regular wikipedia page
> rather than having to click to an external link and then browse back
> and forth and click on the question mark for an explanation.

That sounds like a very good idea -- not only include them, but also
add some descriptions.  To get all the example sources in a convenient
way, you can just look in the source file that has them:

  http://git.racket-lang.org/plt/blob/HEAD:/collects/meta/web/www/index.rkt