[plt-scheme] Do no evil

From: wooks . (wookiz at hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Mar 8 11:23:53 EST 2010

> Owen Astrachan? It takes a 'professor of the teaching profession' to
> tell the world what Knuth said in 1965? I wonder what this tells us
> about wikipedia and CS education.

It's the most detailed information on the issues raised so far.
Is the real problem wikipedia or the fact that most students don't bother reading what they plagiarise.
> In case you're wondering: Knuth, vol 3, page 111 original edition.

He isn't going to help the people that I am teaching.

> > Pictures for teaching a bad algorithm and fancy animations that cost a
> good amount of money to produce make things WORSE not better. Think
> about it. No design recipe needed.

Well it engaged my students and got them interested in seeing how it's implemented.
It also provides me with a vehicle for introducing do and arrays both of which they need  to learn.
Ticks enough of my boxes.