[racket] xml processing question

From: Jay McCarthy (jay.mccarthy at gmail.com)
Date: Wed Dec 22 14:23:00 EST 2010

(require xml) does not provide any special processing functions. You
can use normal pattern matching and functions on both the XML data
structures and the xexpr representation. I used 'match' a lot.

If you look on PLaneT, you will find a few processing libraries, like
an XPath implementation.

Jay

2010/12/22 Manfred Lotz <manfred.lotz at arcor.de>:
> Hi there,
> I'd like to know how to idiomatically handle xml using racket's xml.
>
> Let's assume a minimal example like this:
>

> (define xmlin "
> <doc>
>  <name>Some software</name>
>  <more licence='gpl' checked='2010-12-10'/>
>  <ref id='someref'/>
>  <author id='John Doe'/>
> </doc>")
>

> (define xe (string->xexpr xmlin))
> or
> (define xe (xml->xexpr (document-element (read-xml (open-input-string
> xmlin)))))

string->xexpr IS that

Jay McCarthy <jay at cs.byu.edu>
http://faculty.cs.byu.edu/~jay