[plt-scheme] (v4) wildcard not allowed in expression

From: YC (yinso.chen at gmail.com)
Date: Tue Jun 24 01:36:23 EDT 2008

On Mon, Jun 23, 2008 at 7:53 PM, Jos Koot <jos.koot at telefonica.net> wrote:

> Wild cards are a method in pattern matching (thats what syntax-rules and
> syntax-case are about)
> I must admit that I use the _ only as in (syntax-case stx () ((_ whatever
> ...) template))

Most of my macros fall into this case as well... unfortuantely ;)

May be you are experiencing, just as I do, that improvements on the language
> require efforts of the user on adapting his/her code. That's annoying of
> course, but without a posotive attitude of the users, software providers
> cannot implement improvements.

Hopefully I didn't sound like I'm griping :)  To me - understanding the
rationale helps me know how best to adapt and take advantage of the
changes.

Thanks,
yc