[plt-scheme] Web server setup and documentation

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Tue Jun 3 09:01:38 EDT 2008

On Jun  3, Paul Stadig wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> I'm new to Scheme and MzScheme, and I was trying to get the web
> server setup. I ran into some issues:
>
> 1. The init script on Ubuntu is wrong. It is referencing
> 'text-launch.ss'. I had to change it to
> 'private/launch-text.ss'. I'm guessing that is more of a
> Debian/Ubuntu issue than a MzScheme issue, but I don't know if the
> init script is part of the MzScheme distribution.

No, the init script is not part of the mzscheme distribution.

> So I did the next most reasonable thing and looked up the
> documentation on the plt-scheme.org site. Click on
> "Documentation". Click on "All PLT Documentation". Click on "Web
> Server Manual", and it's the same thing that gets installed in the
> help desk.

Right -- it's the version that was relevant in version 372.

> It was only after searching through the mailing list archives that I
> found this site 'docs.plt-scheme.org'. The configuration section at
> least seems to match what I'm seeing in the installed collection, so
> I'm hopeful this will help me figure out how to get started writing
> servlets. Is this a prerelease documentation site or something? Why
> isn't it linked from the plt-scheme.org site? I guess I'm just
> confused.

Right again -- it's the pre-release documentation, so it's not
linked.  But the new version (4.0) is going to be released in a few
days, so you can just as well get and use the pre-release builds (from
pre.plt-scheme.org).

> 3. I tried to use instantservlet, and when I ran the example I get:
>
> standard-module-name-resolver: collection not found: "scheme/base"
> in any of: (#<path:/home/paul/.plt-scheme/372/collects>
> #<path:/usr/lib/plt/collects>)
>
> I can't seem to find scheme/base anywhere is this a planet or some
> extra collection to install?

No, it's a part of the new version, which will work if you get the
above,