[plt-scheme] codeswarm

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Sun Aug 10 13:42:14 EDT 2008

On Aug 10, Sky O'Mara wrote:
> I was curious, so I downloaded codeswarm and gave it a quick run on
> the plt subversion trunk. Here's the video:
>
> http://homepage.mac.com/skyboy/plt-codeswarm.avi
>
> It starts off a little weird, and not much happens for the first
> minute or so. Then Eli pulls a bunch of files in and the activity
> picks up. It's quite beautiful.

The reason for the weird first part is that when we imported the
mztake code in it was taken with the commit history -- and since that
history was earlier than the main tree moving to Subversion, you see
it first.  You then see me starting a hugh boom of files around me,
only because I was the one who moved everything to subversion.  More
notes:

* To get a more complete picture, you'll need to merge the cvs history
  with the svn history (the old cvs repository is still there, see the
  bottom of svn.plt-scheme.org)

* The reason I have a very bright file next to me at all times is the
  nightly build updating the time-stamp file.  It's probably better to
  ignore it.

* It looks to me like you took the whole repository in -- there are
  some cases where it might be better to ignore activity in branches,
  and some where it's not.