[plt-scheme] contracts.ss: Can you disable them at runtime?

From: Richard Cobbe (cobbe at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Thu May 17 10:25:53 EDT 2007

On Thu, May 17, 2007 at 09:17:53AM -0500, Robby Findler wrote:
>  Looks like Dave's package is duplicating the code for the contracts.
>  Maybe some complaints should be directed that way :)

I don't know Dave's package, but I'm going to make an educated guess:

He's duplicating contracts all over the place.

He has to.

The (provide/contract (struct (x y) ...)) form requires it.

Defining the structure hierarchy with contracts manually would duplicate
the contracts just as much; the only difference is that I could name with
top-level defines some of the repeated contract expressions like
(optional/c foo?)

Richard

Posted on the users mailing list.