[plt-scheme] The Lambda Calculus behind functional programming

From: Michael Vanier (mvanier at cs.caltech.edu)
Date: Wed Aug 29 19:10:37 EDT 2007

I've recently been working through the book "An Introduction to Lambda Calculi for Computer Scientists":

http://www.amazon.com/Introduction-Lambda-Calculi-Computer-Scientists/dp/0954300653/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/103-0899652-5021466?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1188428868&sr=8-1

It's a decent book.  Not without flaws, but it gets the job done.  It's nowhere near as
comprehensive as Barendregt, but it goes over the essentials in a reasonably short space.

Also, I just noticed that Church's original monograph on lambda calculus is in print:

http://www.amazon.com/Calculi-Lambda-Conversion-Mathematics-Studies/dp/0691083940/ref=sr_1_2/103-0899652-5021466?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1188428868&sr=8-2

I hear these books make great stocking stuffers.

Mike