[plt-scheme] Question about Matthias' Animation Exercise

From: Adelphi02 at aol.com (Adelphi02 at aol.com)
Date: Wed Jan 18 12:48:29 EST 2006

The exercise is at:
_http://www.ccs.neu.edu/home/matthias/HtDP/Extended/world.html_ (http://www.ccs.neu.edu/home/matthias/HtDP/Extended/world.html)
I am considering using this exercise as part of a less-numeric introduction
to the non-majors course I am teaching this semester.

I notice the simple-draw.ss teachpack no longer exists, and as a  fairly new
instructor, I do not have a copy of it.  In particular, I am  looking at the
draw-solid-rect0 function in section 1.2.  As I see it, I  have two options.
One, I can use draw-solid-rect, but that would require  introducing posns,
which my students can barely handle after midterms, so I  almost definitely would
not try it in an introductory unit.  The other more  likely option is to use
the nw-rectangle function in the world.ss  teachpack.

But there I have a problem because DrScheme will not allow me to install
draw.ss and world.ss simultaneously.  And I need draw.ss to open the  canvas.

If anyone has any suggestions, they would be most helpful.

Thank you in advance,
Adam Wittenstein
Math/CS Department
Adelphi University