[plt-scheme] Web-browser works with 209 not 301

From: Geoffrey Knauth (geoff at knauth.org)
Date: Wed Jan 18 04:23:22 EST 2006

On Jan 18, 2006, at 03:14, Glenn Ambrose wrote:
> In the end I downloaded Winsock, did a bit of typing in the prompt
> and a bit of rebooting to no avail.

Sorry that didn't help.

> I did download a copy of Drscheme 209 and it works like a dream.
> Something has changed from 209 to 301 in the way it connects to a
> port but what?

Here's another experiment.  Download Apache HTTP Server for Windows.
After all, it's a world-class web server, and if it works (or
doesn't), that might help you figure out what's up with your system,
if it's your system.  I notice the Apache HTTP Server win32/
README.html has a bunch of advice, which might be applicable to your
situation.

As for the PLT web-server on Windows, I installed DrScheme v301 on a
Windows XP Pro system, changed the port number from 80 to 5915 (just
a test), and ran web-server.exe.  The pages came up just fine on
http://localhost:5915/ .  My only trouble/complaint was having to use
Task Manager to stop web-server.  I thought I could type "web-server
stop", but that is not supported.

Geoffrey
--
Geoffrey S. Knauth | http://knauth.org/gsk