[plt-scheme] Re: Can't get the web-server going

From: Geoffrey Knauth (geoff at knauth.org)
Date: Tue Jan 17 07:38:03 EST 2006

Just a hunch, but I suspect Windows is not letting you "listen" no
matter what port number you specify.  You can try going back to the
default configuration (temporarily) and using different port numbers
like this:

$PLTHOME/bin/web-server -p PORT_NUMBER

Meanwhile I'll copy my PLT web from Mac OS X to Windows XP and see if
Windows adds any barriers.

Hmm, that message, (my caps) "AN ADDRESS incompatible with the
requested protocol" makes me wonder what address the system call is
seeing.  I googled that string and saw you are not alone in your
Windows woes.  See:

http://www.experts-exchange.com/Security/Win_Security/Q_21266448.html

This page:  http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic16323.html
offered this advice:  Netsh winsock reset; reboot; reinstall TCP/IP
(ugh)
Also: http://www.computing.net/windowsxp/wwwboard/forum/118679.html

The above are related to Windows Firewall, detecting/disabling
spyware.  Good luck.

Geoffrey
--
Geoffrey S. Knauth | http://knauth.org/gsk