[plt-scheme] require: unknown module: #%foreign

From: Paulo J. Matos (pocmatos at gmail.com)
Date: Mon Apr 10 03:44:46 EDT 2006

On 08/04/06, Kimberly Clark/Mike Messinides <vishmess at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I am getting an error when using "create executable"
> in DrScheme:
>
> require: unknown module: #%foreign
>
> No problem when I try (require (lib "foreign.ss"))
> interactively. But the executable gives an error.
>
> To reproduce, create a file with the require, create
> an executable, and run it.
>
> I'm using version 301 on Windows XP. I get the error
> when the chosen language is either Pretty Big or
> textual MzScheme.
>
> Any work-arounds for this? I found an archived message
> from 2004 that had the same error, although it
> appeared that the error was occurring interactively
> then.

I'm not quite sure what do you have as code to create the executable?
Is it a module?
I don't know about creating executable directly through DrScheme but
if you use mzc --exe ... you need to be compiling a module and not
just a require line.

(I'm sorry, at the moment I cannot test your problem since I'm
struggling to make DrScheme work under xorg 7)

Paulo Jorge Matos - pocm at sat inesc-id pt
Web: http://sat.inesc-id.pt/~pocm
Computer and Software Engineering
INESC-ID - SAT Group