[plt-scheme] highlighting errors

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Sun Sep 11 09:15:01 EDT 2005

At Sun, 11 Sep 2005 12:58:09 +0200, "jos koot" wrote:
> When a proc imported from a compiled module (zo-file) , calls error, the
> form that called the proc is highlighted. When the module is not compiled,
> the form is not highlighted. How can this be? Is this intensional?

By default, compiled files do not include debugging instrumentation, so
the dynamically closest instrumented expression is highlighted (the
proc call, in this case).

When a file is not already compiled, DrScheme adds debugging
instrumentation as it loads the file, so the call to `error' is
highlighted.

In a future version of DrScheme, we expect to provide better control
over which modules have debugging instrumentation.

Matthew

Posted on the users mailing list.