[plt-scheme] A game in scheme

From: Jon Rafkind (workmin at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Tue Oct 25 21:53:21 EDT 2005

Robby Findler wrote:

>At Mon, 24 Oct 2005 08:21:09 -0400, Jon Rafkind wrote:
>

>>>Ah, sweet memories.  I used to play Crystal Quest a lot on
>>>my friend's Mac.  A pity Allegro doesn't compile on my
>>>current Mac.
>>>

>>Allegro should compile on the Mac. I did it a few months ago and cant
>>recall the build instructions off hand but if you read
>>allegro/docs/build/macosx.txt it should be helpful.
>>Or do you mean it wont compile because your Mac has other issues?
>>

>The mac instructions you pointed to are instructions for mac os 8 (a
>very old mac os, from back before the mac was a unix machine).
>
>I too tried the same dance as Noel on the latest sources for allegro
>and got stuck. fink doesn't have a package, but darwin ports does,
>except it gets stuck at the same exact place!
>
>I'd love to try your code, too. :(

Ugh, sorry guys. I know you didnt want to fuss around with getting
Allegro working which is why it should go into Planet at some point. I
tried this whole thing out on my Mac( 10.3 ) and although Allegro
compiled fine for me I ran into much more serious errors. Im trying to
work through them and when( if ) I do I will post a package of some sort
that makes it easy to run this game.

thanks for trying

Posted on the users mailing list.