[plt-scheme] PlaneT, plts and distributing software.

From: Pupeno (pupeno at pupeno.com)
Date: Tue Oct 25 19:25:14 EDT 2005

On Tuesday 25 October 2005 10:11, Paulo Jorge Matos wrote:
> I don't know about .deb but gentoo .ebuilds are only bash files
> created to unpack a .tar.gz (or something similar) and install them by
> hand.
No, they are not simple bash scripts, and I have created more than 20 ebuilds.
You have to unpack the sources, compile them if needed and install it to a
temporary directory (which is sandboxed). I haven't seen any option on
setup-plt that allows me to install on a particular directory. Furthermore
I've seen .plts that try to *change* installed files, and that is
unacceptable.
.debs and .rpms are just the same, except that the binaries are packaged in
one file that can be installed on other computers (something that can be done
with Gentoo as well, but it is more complicated).

> You can package MrMySQL has a PLT and create an ebuild to
> install it through MzScheme.
I don't want to make .debs only of MrMySQL, I want to package other software
as well.

Thank you.
--
Pupeno <pupeno at pupeno.com> (http://pupeno.com)