[plt-scheme] PlaneT, plts and distributing software.

From: Paulo Jorge Matos (pocmatos at gmail.com)
Date: Tue Oct 25 09:11:49 EDT 2005

On 25/10/05, Pupeno <pupeno at pupeno.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday 25 October 2005 09:49, Jacob Matthews wrote:
> > On Oct 24, 2005, at 10:54 PM, Pupeno wrote:
> > > - How do I download a package from PlaneT ? I am interested in
> > > Schemeunit, the
> > > only version that seems to work is the one at PlaneT.
> >
> > You just use it, using the require line listed on the planet web
> > page. In whatever program you want to use SchemeUnit, you just put:
> >
> > (require (planet "test.ss" ("schematics" "schemeunit.plt" 1 1)))
> >
> > and DrScheme will download and install the package, install
> > documentation, etc automatically.
> I know that, but I do not want to do that, I don't want drscheme to download
> anything, I want to download them myself and install it.
> Furthermore, I want to read the source code.
> Furthermore, I want to package it as a .deb or .ebuild or I won't put it on my
> servers.
> Thank you.

I don't know about .deb but gentoo .ebuilds are only bash files
created to unpack a .tar.gz (or something similar) and install them by
hand. You can package MrMySQL has a PLT and create an ebuild to
install it through MzScheme.

Cheers,

Paulo Matos

> --
> Pupeno <pupeno at pupeno.com> (http://pupeno.com)

Paulo Jorge Matos - pocm at sat inesc-id pt
Web: http://sat.inesc-id.pt/~pocm
Computer and Software Engineering
INESC-ID - SAT Group