[plt-scheme] collects

From: Robby Findler (robby at cs.uchicago.edu)
Date: Thu Oct 20 22:34:00 EDT 2005

At Thu, 20 Oct 2005 15:42:54 -0700, Yoav Goldberg wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm having some trouble working with "collections".
>
> I don't want my development code to be done under the PLT/collects
> directory, but rather someplace else on my computer. I also don't want
> to set any environment varibales.
> So I made an "mzschemerc.ss" file:
> (define path-to-collection (string->path "f:/vork/music/trunk/"))
> (current-library-collection-paths
>   (cons
>      path-to-music-collection (current-library-collection-paths)))
>
> and put it under <wherever it needs to be>, and it works just fine
> when I use MzScheme.
> But DrScheme and mzc still can't find my collections.
>
> I created another file - mredrc.ss in the same location as
> mzschemerc.ss, but it doesn't help.
>
> Any idea why?

DrScheme doesn't use such .rc files. After all, they are just loaded
when you start your program, so you can put that stuff at the beginning
of the program, if you wish.

In this particular case you might be better off just using relative
requires, eg:

  (require "../other-dir/other-file.ss")

or whatever. ymmv.

> Also, would it be possible to add a commandline switch to MzScheme and
> mzc specifying additional collections paths (like --cp in java)? And
> maybe a similar preference dialog for DrScheme?

This exists already. See the details in the "module" language. In the
mz/mr/pretty big languages you can just bang away on
current-library-collection-paths directly.

Robby

Posted on the users mailing list.