[plt-scheme] Displaying pict in interactions window

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Fri Oct 7 08:17:18 EDT 2005

At Fri, 7 Oct 2005 12:49:34 +0100, Paulo Jorge Matos wrote:
> The point is, I want to show latex rendered code directly on the
> interactions window. I thought I could use texpict functions for that.

This aspect of texpict is confusing.

Picts for the MrEd back-end are different than picts for the latex
back-end. They're even separate datatypes, although they share parts of
the implementation.

I'll work on the docs to clarify this, and we'll eventually get rid of
the latex back-end.

> Another way (hack!) would be to use an external program to render code
> into bitmap and then load the bitmap into bitmap% and show it in
> interactions.

That's the only way I know, right now. And for others who ask, I mostly
refer them to your earlier message:

  http://list.cs.brown.edu/pipermail/plt-scheme/2005-May/008826.html

Matthew

Posted on the users mailing list.