[plt-scheme] Displaying pict in interactions window

From: Paulo Jorge Matos (pocmatos at gmail.com)
Date: Fri Oct 7 08:24:13 EDT 2005

On 07/10/05, Matthew Flatt <mflatt at cs.utah.edu> wrote:
> At Fri, 7 Oct 2005 12:49:34 +0100, Paulo Jorge Matos wrote:
> > The point is, I want to show latex rendered code directly on the
> > interactions window. I thought I could use texpict functions for that.
>
> This aspect of texpict is confusing.
>
> Picts for the MrEd back-end are different than picts for the latex
> back-end. They're even separate datatypes, although they share parts of
> the implementation.
>
> I'll work on the docs to clarify this, and we'll eventually get rid of
> the latex back-end.

Ok, so I won't even worry 'bout that... and I'll forget this solution.

> > Another way (hack!) would be to use an external program to render code
> > into bitmap and then load the bitmap into bitmap% and show it in
> > interactions.
>
> That's the only way I know, right now. And for others who ask, I mostly
> refer them to your earlier message:
>
>   http://list.cs.brown.edu/pipermail/plt-scheme/2005-May/008826.html

Oh, well, unfortunately that seems the only way to go then... It seems
I'll work a little bit more on that hack then. But, still, I have a
bitmap%... How can I show it up in the interactions window? Just like
you do with the image!
If you insert an image and define it with name a. If you go to
interactions and check the value of a the image appears. How can I do
that? I've been pocking the source but can't find where this is being
done!

Paulo Matos

> Matthew

Paulo Jorge Matos - pocm at sat inesc-id pt
Web: http://sat.inesc-id.pt/~pocm
Computer and Software Engineering
INESC-ID - SAT Group