[plt-scheme] Displaying pict in interactions window

From: Paulo Jorge Matos (pocmatos at gmail.com)
Date: Fri Oct 7 07:49:34 EDT 2005

I have a pict (I can have a bitmap% also if it is easier to draw on
interactions) but I if I do
(define a (tex "Hello"))
which returns a pict and then
I get:
#<struct:pict>

I was expecting to see the Hello text rendered by latex showing up in
interactions. Is this possible with pict or should I use bitmap%?

The point is, I want to show latex rendered code directly on the
interactions window. I thought I could use texpict functions for that.
Another way (hack!) would be to use an external program to render code
into bitmap and then load the bitmap into bitmap% and show it in
interactions. I thought that without external dependencies would be
better!

Any suggestions?

Cheers,

Paulo Matos

--
Paulo Jorge Matos - pocm at sat inesc-id pt
Web: http://sat.inesc-id.pt/~pocm