[plt-scheme] Error running cross-compiled mzscheme (was: PLT mzscheme 299.207 on Sharp Zaurus)

From: Alexander Shendi (shendi at saruman.lb.bawue.de)
Date: Wed Jul 20 16:12:23 EDT 2005

Hello,

In article <shendi-35ECDD.18444919072005 at sea.gmane.org>,
 Alexander Shendi
 <shendi at saruman.lb.bawue.de> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I recently tried to crosscompile PLT mzscheme (Version 299.107) for
> the Sharp Zaurus. I had to disable the FFI and use the Senora GC
> and tweak the Makefile, but ended up with what seemed to be
> a working executable. When I executed it on the Zaurus, I got the
> following error message:

I just  suceeded in cross-compiling mzscheme with the Boehm GC, but
the error message below remains the same. So it does not seem
to be GC related. Could it be that disabling the FFI causes
the error?

> bash-2.05$ /opt/QtPalmtop/plt/bin/mzscheme
> Welcome to MzScheme version 299.107 (sgc), Copyright (c) 2004-2005 PLT
> Scheme, Inc.
> > (require (lib "1.ss" "srfi"))
> hash-table-put!: expects type <mutable hash-table> as 1st argument,
> given: #<hash-table>; other arguments were: #<module-registry>
> #<hash-table>
>
> It seems as if something is wrong with the build, as the same
> expression works under the natively compiled version.

There seems to a problem related to immutable and mutable
hashtables, but why?

> Can anyone explain what's going on?
> Many thanks in advance,
>
> Alex

I hope someone can shed some light on this. Again,
many thanks in advance.

Posted on the users mailing list.