[plt-scheme] Massive memory consumption

From: Arend P. van der Veen (apvanderveen at att.net)
Date: Mon Nov 1 17:29:28 EST 2004

Hi,

I am having some concerns after reading this thread.   We are developing
an application that uses the PLT web server that is schedules to go live
by then end of the year and we are relying heavily on continuations.

My first question is if there any specific guidelines on using
continuations that will minimize memory consumptions?

I was also wondering if anybody had any recommendations on how to use
the PLT web server in a production environment.

To specifically address memory consumption we are considering rebooting
the PLT Web server process once a day.   Will this help reduce memory
consumptions and improve stability?   Do I need to reboot the server and
not just the PLT Web server process?

I was also wondering if there was any way that I can detect if the PLT
web server has any open sessions ?  I do not want to restart the process
or server if there are any active sessions.

Thanks for any help,
Arend

Adam Wick wrote:

> At 31 Oct 2004 17:50:36 -0000, Pete.4479779 at bloglines.com wrote:
>
>>The 3m collector had slightly higher memory use
>>and significantly lower performance when memory grew tight. After 1500 hits:
>

> You might find more recent versions of the default collector
> function better under load. At least, that was the intent of
> that re-write (it popped into the archive in early June-ish,
> and it was v299-, not exp-tagged then). I'm not sure if it'll
> help the space usage problem. It might, but I haven't run any
> experiments.
>
> I've got fixing some of the memory use problems on my todo list,
> but I've got a bunch of other things on my plate with a higher
> priority. So I don't know when (or even if) I'll have some time
> to go ahead and work on it.
>

> -Adam

Posted on the users mailing list.