[plt-scheme] Re: PLT Scheme v207 doesn't install

From: Eric Hanchrow (offby1 at blarg.net)
Date: Fri May 21 22:21:34 EDT 2004

    Eli> If there is anyone who encounters this problem, and has the
    Eli> MS compiler installed, it would be very helpful to invoke the
    Eli> debugger when mred crashes so we get a stack trace.

I've got MSVC 6, and have hit the problem, but (embarrassing question
alert!) I don't know how to attach the debugger.  The best I can
imagine happening is:

* I start the setup program
* I watch the Task Manager like a hawk
* when I see `Mr Ed' appear in the Task Manager, I quickly try to get
  MSVC attached to that process

But if Mr Ed dies quickly, this will be futile.  I hope there's a
better way to debug it; is there?

--
This movie doesn't scrape the bottom of the barrel.  This movie isn't
the bottom of the barrel.  This movie isn't below the bottom of the

        Roger Ebert on "Freddy Got Fingered"

Posted on the users mailing list.