[plt-scheme] Webpage design tools

From: Neil W. Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Tue Jul 13 12:04:08 EDT 2004

www.neilvandyke.org is mostly contained in one big Emacs Lisp file:

    -rw-r--r--    1 neil     neil       879243 Jul 13 06:15 web5.el

Originally it was very heavy with generated HTML markup, but then I
changed the Emacs Lisp code to emit simple XHTML that's paired with a
CSS2 file that mimics the original HTML-heavy look (on browsers
supporing CSS2, which is basically only Mozilla).

This generates static HTML files, which I sync up with my
$9.95/mo. hosting service using "rsync" tunneled through SSH.  For my
little vanity Web site, I can't cost-justify a hosting plan that would
let me run PLT servlets.

I plan to convert the Emacs Lisp to SXML forms embedded within a Scheme
code file.  It's not a big leap, since most of that Emacs Lisp file
looks suspiciously like SXML already.

Posted on the users mailing list.