[plt-scheme] naming convention for structure constructor vs. wrapper?

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Fri Jul 2 20:07:07 EDT 2004

On Jul  2, Michael Sperber wrote:

> Thanks for the elaborate examples---these are exactly what I was
> looking for.

Swindle (actually, tiny-clos) is IMO a very straightforward example.
MzScheme's applicable structs are perfect for methods and generic
functions which are usages of this.

> Indeed---but note that MzScheme does it exactly the other way
> around.  I would think that doing exactly what you say results in a
> more orthogonal system [...]

Before these things, I used the tiny-clos code which gets the
association through a (weak) hash table.  Changing it to use
applicable structs resulted in a slightly better code, but the
difference was not too big.