[plt-scheme] Re: An Editors Tale

From: Paulo Jorge de Oliveira Cantante de Matos (pocm at netvisao.pt)
Date: Mon Jan 26 23:06:00 EST 2004

> Hi Paulo,
>
> > That's not portable. :( And I don't use MS products anyway. What gets to
> > be done in the sure should be portable for the sake of DrScheme
> > portability fame.
>
> 1. Guenther asked for a plugin for VS .NET.  I'm fairly sure he knew
> this wouldn't be portable. (-:

Indeed, however, what I meant was that if a concentrated effort is to be
made to improving scheme GUI quality, that it should be portable. Sorry,
don't take me wrong.

> 2. You're welcome to not use MS products.  I'm not sure what that has
> to do with anything.

Like I said, if it's to be used by everyone, it is likely that some
don't use MS, so portable is better. :D but I understand a VS plugin
would be nice for those using MS.

> 3. Everything produced here is either a volunteer or research effort.
> Neither of those is particularly open to dictates.  Of course,
> whatever you contribute, you're welcome to make highly portable....

Indeed, after sending the email I regret it since I was too harsh. I
didn't meant it to be that way.

> 4. PLT already produces non-portable products such as MysterX
> (connection to ActiveX).
>
> In short, let's not get into MS vs anti-MS battles here.

Not my intention at all. Afterall Scheme should be everywhere, MS and
non-MS, but if the DrScheme GUI is to change its interface I hope it's
into a portable system. :) Don't want or like MS vs anti-MS battles,
don't take me wrong.

--

Paulo J. Matos : pocm [_at_] mega . ist . utl . pt
Instituto Superior Tecnico - Lisbon

Posted on the users mailing list.