[plt-scheme] Re: An Editors Tale

From: Shriram Krishnamurthi (sk at cs.brown.edu)
Date: Mon Jan 26 22:53:41 EST 2004

Hi Paulo,

> That's not portable. :( And I don't use MS products anyway. What gets to
> be done in the sure should be portable for the sake of DrScheme
> portability fame.

1. Guenther asked for a plugin for VS .NET.  I'm fairly sure he knew
this wouldn't be portable. (-:

2. You're welcome to not use MS products.  I'm not sure what that has
to do with anything.

3. Everything produced here is either a volunteer or research effort.
Neither of those is particularly open to dictates.  Of course,
whatever you contribute, you're welcome to make highly portable....

4. PLT already produces non-portable products such as MysterX
(connection to ActiveX).

In short, let's not get into MS vs anti-MS battles here.

Shriram

Posted on the users mailing list.