[plt-scheme] Announcement: New RSS Syndicator released

From: ctest at neural.dlsemc.com (ctest at neural.dlsemc.com)
Date: Thu Aug 26 06:27:55 EDT 2004

I've written A RSS Syndicator for PLT Scheme.  Features are:

       * GUI interface *and* native scheme abstraction language
       * Native scheme functional language makes it easy to extend
       * Uses guibuilder
       * Good use of a continuation to integrate the
         abstraction & guibuilder langagues into one.
         (which i'm quite proud of :)

Future extentions could be:
       * Browsing of historical articles
       * Editing of historical articles.
         (i.e. save it, don't publish, and finish the
          announcement tomorrow)

Undesireable features:
       * Still has a couple of global variables & acompanying
         evil global techniques here and there from when i was in
         the semi-random 'exploration phase'.
       * May not be perfectly XML/RSS compliant, since i reverse
         engineered the RSS spec from exambles. (but it does work
         for me, reading news that I myself wrote, using the
         'straw' reader)

You can get it from http://students.depaul.edu/~csweeney/Scheme.Code.html

Check it out and feel free to message me, letting me know what you think,
especially about my coding techniques.  my email address and IM address are
on the web page.

Corey

Are you supposed to list undesireable features in Product annoucements?

:)

Posted on the users mailing list.