[plt-scheme] Re: Snips and styles in text%

From: Saint Katsmall T. Wise, Esquire (kela_bit at netvision.net.il)
Date: Thu Jun 26 21:48:13 EDT 2003

Oops. I mixed input and output. (because of a similar input text-field%
class)

Saint Katsmall T. Wise, Esquire wrote:

> This is a part of a class I have.
>
> (define text-input-port%

(define text-output-port%

>  (class object%
>    (init-field parent)
>    (define editor (instantiate text% ()))
>    (define editor-canvas
>      (instantiate editor-canvas% ()
>        [parent parent]
>        [editor editor]))
>    (define-pipe (input output))
>
>    (define current-style (send the-style-list basic-style))
>
>    '...
>
>    (define (flush-output)
>      (define snip (make-object string-snip% output-buffer))
>      (set! output-buffer "")
>      (send snip set-style current-style)
>      (send editor insert snip)
>      (send editor insert "\n"))
>
>    '...
>
>    (define/public (get-input-port) input)))

      (define/public (get-output-port) output)))

> Now.
> Using style-delta%s it alters current-style according to escape
> characters (found in input).
> Before every change to current-style though, and whenever a newline
> occurs, it calls flush-output which makes a string-snip% object that
> contains all the text that has been stored in cache (all the text
> since last newline or style change), sets snip's style to
> current-style and inserts snip and a newline.
> However, for some reason all the text is the same normal style with no
> change whatsoever.
>
> What could be wrong?
>
> Thanks,
> Katsmall T. Wise, Esquire.

This is just meant to create an output port that links to a text% and
has styles.
Note that it uses a different thread to read from input and put it in
cache (or change the style if it's an escape character or flush if it's
a newline).

Hope it is clearer now,
Katsmall T. Wise, Esquire.

Posted on the users mailing list.