[plt-scheme] Delpoyment/packaging questions

From: Kirill Lisovsky (lisovsky at acm.org)
Date: Mon Oct 7 16:55:22 EDT 2002

Hello, Matthew!
Thank you a lot for your helpful answers, just a small note on 'strip':

On Mon, 7 Oct 2002, Matthew Flatt wrote:

> > 2. It looks that
> > strip(1)
> > corrupts executables created with
> > mzc --exe
> > Is strip in need of some flags or such files are not intended for
> > "stripping"?
>
> Maybe -S? On many platforms, strip removes information needed for
> dynamic linking, and -S limits the strip to removing debug information.

"-S" doesn't help.
It seems that strip considers (some?) mzscheme strings as debugging information.
Stripped executable fails with:
   open-input-string: expects argument of type <string>; given #<eof>
(tested on RedHat 7.3/Intel)

Well, 'stripping' is not so important nowadays, I just want to provide
a warning.

Best regards,
         Kirill.

Posted on the users mailing list.