[racket-dev] OS X 10.8 includes new restrictions on running apps

From: Sam Tobin-Hochstadt (samth at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Tue Feb 21 22:44:32 EST 2012

On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 10:22 PM, Eli Barzilay <eli at barzilay.org> wrote:

> Also, it's likely that I don't understand, but it sounds to me like
> it's better to stay out of this thing since otherwise you need to
> commit to be sandboxed -- and if it's the same as on the ios, then a
> sandboxed racket is not very useful...

First, this isn't the same as the iOS sandbox, but it would be
troublesome for Racket.  For example, I don't think `require' can
work.

Second, signing doesn't imply sandboxing, I think.  Only in the Mac
App Store is sandboxing required.  I think we will definitely want to
make Racket a signed app.

Your friendly smug Linux user :),
--
sam th