[racket] state of math expressions in Scribble?

From: Jens Axel Søgaard (jensaxel at soegaard.net)
Date: Thu Jul 5 17:34:15 EDT 2012

2012/7/5 Prabhakar Ragde <plragde at uwaterloo.ca>:
> Jens Axel wrote:
>> Prabhalar Ragde's code from
>>
>> http://con.racket-lang.org/pr-slides.pdf
>>
>> works quite well. Code ready to use in:
>>
>> https://github.com/soegaard/bracket/blob/master/docs/pr-math.rkt
>
> Thanks for making this more accessible, Jens Axel. One caveat is that the
> MathJax approach only works if you are connected to the Internet while
> displaying the page. If you are offline, you see the raw LaTeX markup (which
> is a good fallback for me, as I use pseudo-LaTeX in answering student
> questions on forums and in email, and they seem to adapt to it very
> quickly). A MathML approach would probably be better in the long run, as
> more browsers come to support it. --PR

With a little grunt work one can download MathJax to a local directory,
and include it instead of using the cdn url. That's the way I did for
set of notes on trigonometry. I remember that I couldn't figure out
how to change the headers from within Scribble. So I just ran an
sed after to adjust the headers to include the local copy of MathJax.

--
Jens Axel Søgaard