[racket] state of math expressions in Scribble?

From: Prabhakar Ragde (plragde at uwaterloo.ca)
Date: Thu Jul 5 17:16:21 EDT 2012

Jens Axel wrote:

> Prabhalar Ragde's code from
>
> http://con.racket-lang.org/pr-slides.pdf
>
> works quite well. Code ready to use in:
>
> https://github.com/soegaard/bracket/blob/master/docs/pr-math.rkt

Thanks for making this more accessible, Jens Axel. One caveat is that
the MathJax approach only works if you are connected to the Internet
while displaying the page. If you are offline, you see the raw LaTeX
markup (which is a good fallback for me, as I use pseudo-LaTeX in
answering student questions on forums and in email, and they seem to
adapt to it very quickly). A MathML approach would probably be better in
the long run, as more browsers come to support it. --PR

Posted on the users mailing list.