[racket] XREPL on Windows

From: Rodolfo Carvalho (rhcarvalho at gmail.com)
Date: Sat Nov 12 16:32:53 EST 2011

Hello,

I just installed the new Racket and I'm trying the new features.
Online syntax check works so nicely!

I think I had some trouble trying to get readline (Racket collection) to
work some months ago, and I just figured out I probably gave up (it does
work well on Linux).

Should I expect XREPL to work normally under Windows?

I installed GNU Readline (
http://sourceforge.net/projects/gnuwin32/files/readline/5.0-1/readline-5.0-1-setup.exe/download),
copied "C:\Program Files\GnuWin32\bin\readline5.dll" to "C:\Program
Files\GnuWin32\bin\libreadline.dll.5" (because I was getting the
error ffi-lib: couldn't open "libreadline.dll.5" (The specified module
could not be found.; errno=126)).

Every time I run "racket -il xrepl" or "racket -il readline" Racket crashes
(showing a Windows dialog).
Sometimes I get on the console the message "Seg fault (internal error) at
0".

If I try to run ,install! (before crashing) I get:
-> ,install!
file-size: file not found: "C:\Users\Rodolfo\racketrc.rktl"

Any pointers on what could be wrong, or how could I examine why it is
crashing?
(I suppose something to do with the GNU readline dll...)

Thanks,

Rodolfo Carvalho