[plt-scheme] Online Scheme Programming Environment

From: Caner Derici (canerderici at gmail.com)
Date: Sat Jul 18 14:58:04 EDT 2009

Hi!

I'm starting a dissertation study whose subject is online scheme
programming environment. Such that; you can write scheme programs, run
or store them on it, just like you do with you local DrScheme IDE.

More precisely, I'm thinking to implement an R6RS compliant, fully
functional Scheme interpreter which has proper tail-recursion and
first-class continuations, with Javascript.

I started with examining SISC (http://sisc-scheme.org/). It is R5RS
compliant Scheme interpreter written in Java.

But I need some guidelines, since it is my first really big dissertation
study.

So I have two questions:

1 - What would be the first thing comes to your mind about this, or your
first expectation from this application?? (i.e. to have complete Planet
libraries working on it)

2 - Do you have any suggestions, guidelines or daunts:) for your answer
to 1??

Any ideas or advices are greatly welcome.

Regards,
Caner

Posted on the users mailing list.