[plt-scheme] Strange problems with compilation

From: Sam TH (samth at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Tue Jun 26 11:42:47 EDT 2007

I'm having the following bizarre problem with the compilation of Typed
Scheme.  When, in DrScheme, I try to run a module that uses Typed
Scheme like so:

(module foo "typed-scheme.ss")

 I get the following error:

compile: variable not provided (directly or indirectly and at the
expected position) from module:
|,/home/samth/work/typed-scheme/private/typechecker-unit| in: u.1

This usually means that the zo file for typechecker-unit.ss is out of
date.  But when I rebuild the zo files for that file, it never gets up
to date.  I can rerun mzc -k on the file as many times as I want, and
it always recompiles it, and the error never goes away.

If I remove all the compiled code, I get this error instead:

private/typechecker-unit.ss::15201: map: expects type <procedure> as
1st argument, given: #<struct-type:def-stx-binding>; other arguments
were: ()

The error points to a place in the source where map is applied to
something that's definitely a procedure.

If I require the file from the MzScheme repl, it works, regardless of
the state of the zos.

I'm very puzzled.  Does anyone have any ideas?

sam th
samth at ccs.neu.edu

Posted on the users mailing list.