[plt-scheme] Strange problems with compilation

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Tue Jun 26 18:16:39 EDT 2007

At Tue, 26 Jun 2007 11:42:47 -0400, "Sam TH" wrote:
> I'm having the following bizarre problem with the compilation of Typed
> Scheme.

Is this the version in planet?

> This usually means that the zo file for typechecker-unit.ss is out of
> date.  But when I rebuild the zo files for that file, it never gets up
> to date.  I can rerun mzc -k on the file as many times as I want, and
> it always recompiles it, and the error never goes away.
>
> If I remove all the compiled code, I get this error instead:
>
> private/typechecker-unit.ss::15201: map: expects type <procedure> as
> 1st argument, given: #<struct-type:def-stx-binding>; other arguments
> were: ()
>
> The error points to a place in the source where map is applied to
> something that's definitely a procedure.

At one time, there was a problem with compilation and 3-D code. The
3-D-ness was discovered at the point of writing a ".zo", but the error
didn't get reported correctly. Instead, a ".fail" file was generated,
and the error message was placed in that file.

I don't remember whether this was fixed (or why it was difficult, if
not), so it's possible that the problem is still there.

Do you have any ".fail" files in your "compiled" directories?

Matthew

Posted on the users mailing list.