[plt-scheme] Implementing web services

From: Shriram Krishnamurthi (sk at cs.brown.edu)
Date: Mon Aug 13 20:49:24 EDT 2007

I think REST is a nice slogan, but incredibly hard to implement in
practice if you really want to be true to Fielding's criteria.  It
seems to me that many of the problems with bridging the gap between
theory and practice are precisely the same as those we encounter when
dealing with the systems aspects of continuations.  If you consider
those systems aspects to be either below an abstraction boundary or
"solved", then our continuation infrastructure is actually a pretty
nice way of generating RESTful identifiers....

Shriram

Posted on the users mailing list.