[plt-scheme] symbols redefined in SRFIs

From: Jepri (jepri at alphacomplex.org)
Date: Tue Oct 24 09:37:20 EDT 2006

Jens Axel Søgaard wrote:
> And it is no trouble to write
>
>  (require (lib "list.ss" "1" "srfi"))
>
> And if the extended reverse! is needed, just use
>
>  (require (lib "list.ss" "1" "srfi")
>           (prefix srfi: (only (lib "1.ss" "srfi")
>                               reverse!)))
>
> This might seem like "much trouble", but when you
> get used to the module system, you won't give
> it much thought.

Learning these tricks has probably been the most frustrating and
crazy-making part of learning plt-scheme.  It would be great if your
example there got included in the require documentation, since I
wouldn't have guessed I could do that just by reading the require docs.
  One example is worth 1000 words.

Posted on the users mailing list.